External impurities and internal toxins are the worst enemies of our body and skin and herbal beauty products and detoxification remedies help us not only to get rid of them but also provide additional nutrients to the body.
Some of the popular herbs known for detoxification, elimination and expulsion of toxins from the body, providing nutrition and stimulation to skin and other vital organs such as liver and digestive system, are Burdock Root, Cascara Sagrada, Dandelion Root, Echinacea Purpurea Root, Fenugreek, Ginger Root, Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Marshmallow Root, Milk Thistle Concentrate, Pepsin, Red Clover Flowers, Sarsaparilla Root and Yellow Dock Root among many others.
Natural herbal products are skin-friendly, have almost nil side effects, provide nourishment to skin and contain minerals and vitamins that keep your skin healthy. Skin care products must be fragrance free, should not have artificial colors, should be non-irritating and non-comedogenic and must be cruelty-free. Sometimes beauty problems are born out of dietary imbalance and must be paid attention to from that aspect. Weak fingernails may be symbolic of calcium deficiency while lusterless hair may speak of silicon deficiency.
Our skin faces a constant barrage of chemicals everyday from pollution to harsh chemically formulated products that strip the skin of its natural balance. These simple Ayurvedic home remedies help you to attain a clear, healthy and glowing skin complexion. We mentions many simple natural ways to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Using these natural ways, one can stay beautiful for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals.
Another simple and excellent skin conditioner that can be made out of 1 tbsp. honey blended with 2 tbsp. cream (of milk). Leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off. It works like magic.
Found in your own kitchen is a simple, chemical free cleanser good unboiled milk. All you need to do is dip a piece of cotton wool in milk and wipe your face with it. It also cleans unseen dirt and goes down into your pores. Another fine cleanser is almond oil, especially effective in protecting the delicate skin under the eyes.
Most Popular Herb for Skin Care:
Aloe vera is an important ingredient of many beauty cosmetics and skin lotions. The parts used are gel from the succulent leaves and aloe juice. Some of its significant properties are demulcent, antibacterial, antibiotic, source of allantoin; useful for healing cuts and wounds, as analgesic for mild pain, and for soothing sunburn.
Herbal Beauty Tips for Skin:
1. Unboiled milk is the best natural cleanser. It helps clean pores by removing dirt and adds a healthy glow to your face.
2. Regularly applying pure castor oil keeps the skin clean, moisturized, and healthy. It slows down the aging process and prevents wrinkles.
3. Rubbing a raw potato works like a miracle on marks and pigmentation giving you naturally clear and glowing skin.
4. Soak ten to twelve large castor oil leaves in hot water and wrap around your feet for a few minutes. This is a very effective herbal remedy for quickly soothing tired feet after a long day.
5. A paste made from equal portions of glycerin, rose water and cucumber juice gives you a natural and effective sunscreen that prevents sun tanning.
6. For making a herbal hair spray, cut a lemon into four pieces and boil it with a cup of water until half a cup is left. Add a few drops of vodka if you want to preserve it and use it instead of harsh hair sprays with made from chemical ingredients.
7. Herbal soaps are a healthier and more natural substitute and is very easy to make; mix 2 table spoons of finely ground almond with equal quantities of white clay and borax with a table spoon of almond oil. You can also add a little rose water to it. This is a particularly useful herbal remedy for sun burnt skin.
8. Adding a table spoon of vinegar to the bathtub will help cleanse your skin and get rid of the extra oils and dirt on it.
9. Oily hair and scalp is a problem faced everyday by women all over the world. Mix half a cup of yarrow with two cups of boiling water and add two table spoons of apple cider vinegar. Use this paste instead of your regular shampoo for glowing hair.
10. Oil infusions work miracles for various skin problems including sun burns, dry and chapped skin, and a number of skin infections. For making an oil infusion, put the dried herbs in olive oil and heat it at 38 degrees Celsius for up to 10 days. One the mixture is ready, strain the olive oil from the herbs and use them tightly wound in an old stocking or cloth.